pin it button

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Specials with Close To My Heart


6" x 6" card created by Karen Pedersen with the October Stamp of the Month

Happy October!  Fall is in full swing. I love looking out my window at the mountain and seeing the trees becoming vibrant shades of red, orange and yellow.  I even put out a few Autumn and Halloween decorations yesterday. I hope to be finished getting them all out next week. I love this time of year!

Close To My Heart is filling October with awesomeness as well! Here are the specials this month:
1. Ribbon Revelry
2.  October Stamp of the Month -  Home for the Holidays
___________________

1.  Ribbon Revelry:

For every $50 or more order (before shipping and tax) in October, you get a FREE roll of either Outdoor Denim or Ruby colored chevron ribbon (CTMH will surprise you!). When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your ribbon rolls before you check out.

2.  October Stamp of the Month - Home for the Holidays: 

Already spending at least $50 to get your FREE ribbon? Well, you're in luck, because for every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax) in October you qualify for one of these stamp sets for only $5 ($17.95 value). Spend $100, get 2, and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before you check out.

I love that this set works hand-in-hand with the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.  Can you see in the image of the set above all of the images outlined in red?  Each of those shapes are on the Art Philosophy cartridge and CTMH has made it extra easy for you by telling you what size to cut the image and what page in the Art Philosophy Guide to find the image on. I used Art Philosphy to cute the polar bear postage stamp shape out before stamping it.  Easy peasy!

Here are a couple of hints on techniques I used on this card:

  • I love that CTMH Background and Texture paper (B&T, or patterned paper) comes with Zip Strips on the edges.  This card uses the diagonal stripe zip strip from the tone on tone black snowflakes piece to garner some pizazz and attention.

  • Those cute little enamel hearts are a perfect addition to this card, and so affordable too ($3.95 for a package of 72 hearts!
  • I created my focal point by stamping the polar bear postage stamp image twice, once in Black and once in Cranberry.  I cut out the center of the Cranberry piece and used 3D foam tape to mount it in the center of the Black image for a little color and paper pop.
Here's a detail shot of the 6" x 6" card I shared at the top of the post.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that big card, so darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails